First off, this WILL run in Windows 7. I have personally tested it.
OK, this patch is slightly less straightforward than most, but not very difficult if you follow a simple few steps.
The following was tested using Windows 7 x64 and it runs perfectly. I would assume it would be quite similar with other versions of Windows, but cannot confirm.
1. Unpack/unrar with WinRar or similar archiving utility.
2. Run "Alcohol120_retail_188.8.131.5212.exe". It will tell you it needs to reboot to finish, this is normal so allow it to reboot. It will resume the installation once system is back up.
3. Uncheck 'run now' box as patch needs to be applied first.
4. In the Patchv411 directory, choose either "Alcohol120_patchv411_multilanguage.exe" or "Alcohol120_patchv411_russian.exe" (depending if you want russian or not, other languages are in the multilanguage patch). Copy/paste the file to the binarys install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\ by default)
5. Run the patch file and let it alter Alcohol.exe (should go from 2007 Kb to 199 Kb and make the file AlCmd.exe which is the original renamed)
6. Important!! Right-click on the newly created Alcohol.exe file (the one thats now 199 Kb) and click 'properties'. Under the 'compatibility' tab, check the box that says 'run this program as an administrator'.
**NOTE: There was a report that on occasion Step 5 (from above) would not do what its supposed to. First make sure its in the same directory with 'alcohol.exe', second, if its not creating the new 'AlCmd.exe, thats fine, dont need that, but it does have to cut the 'alcohol.exe' down to 199 Kb. If its not, a workaround suggests to first rename 'alcohol.exe' to something else (e.i. 'alcohol_orig.exe') and then run the patch which will say it cant find 'alcolol.exe', but ives you the option to continue anyway, which will create the 'alcohol.exe' of size 199 Kb, which will run just fine. This works because the patch is not really a patch because its not altering the original, its just moving it out of the way by renaming it, then creating a new launch file which is not dependant on the original.
Thats it. Now it should run as a full retail copy.
This was leeched from a public torrent site. The original .nfo (which did not contain any of the 'how to' on the install, btw) did not mention who or where the patch came from, so don't know who to give props to. But IPT deserves this working Windows 7 version, so you can rep me up for the ul anyway!